Marlon Brando (Marlon Brando Jr) was an American actor who worked for more than 60 years in his acting career. He was born to Brando Sr and Dorothy Julia on 3rd April 1924, in Omaha, Nebraska, United States. His true passion for acting proved him one of the great actors of his generation. He died on 1st July 2004 at 80 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
Early Life and Education
Marlon Brando Studied at Shattuck Military Academy, where he did theatre well. He got expelled by the school because of some insubordination with the colonel, and later, he moved to New York in 1943 to study acting at Stella Alder’s dramatic workshop.
Brandon made his first debut in Remember Mama play at Broadway Theatre, which runs successfully. He appeared in other plays, like Truckline Cafe and A Flag is Born plays through them New York Critics, voted him the most promising actor.
After doing several plays, finally, he got the role in The Men in 1950, and it was his first movie. He achieved fame and reputation for his role of Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951.
Marlon Brando is the only brother of his two sisters, Jocelyn Brando and Frances Brando. He married Anna Kashfi in 1957, which no go too far, and divorced in 1959. Brando married second-time Movita Castaneda in 1960, which also divorced in 1962. He married third-time Tarita Teriipaia in 1962, which also divorced in 1972.
He has eleven children, Christian, Cheyenne, Myles Jonathan, Simon Tiehotu, Maimiti, Ninna Priscilla, Timothy Gahan, Raiatea, Miko Castaneda, Lisa, and Rebecca are his children.
Marlon Brando worked for more than 60 years as an actor in his life, and he is one of the prominent actors of his generation. He did several roles in plays and more than forty feature films.
He started his work in movies in 1950 through his first movie, The Men. He earned fame and reputation through his leading role in A Streetcar Named Desire in 1951. He used Method Acting and the Stanislavski System of Acting to attract audiences, which worked for him.
He did spectacular acting, and people loved his characters. Here is the list of some most famous movies of Marlon Brando by which he earned his name.
- The Men (1950)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
- Viva Zapata (1951)
- The Wild One (1953)
- On The Waterfront (1954)
- Julius Caesar (1955)
- Guys and Dolls (1955)
- Sayonara (1957)
- The Young Lion (1958)
- The Fugitive Kind (1960)
- One-Eyed Jacks (1961)
- Mutiny On The Bounty (1962)
- The Chase (1966)
- Reflection in a Golden Eye (1967)
- Burn (1969)
- The GodFather (1972)
- Last Tango in Paris (1973)
- Superman (1978)
- Apocalypse Now (1979)
- A Dry White Season (1989)
Marlon Brando started his work in television in 1949 and worked in three Tv series.
- He played a doctor’s role in Actors Studio in 1949.
- He played Jimmy Brand’s role in Come Out Fighting in 1950.
- He played George Lincoln Rockwell’s role in Roots: The Next Generations in 1979.
In Music Video
In Video Game
Marlon Brando also worked in a video game, The Godfather, in which he played the voice role of Don Vito Corleone.
Awards and Achievements
One who works hard always gets a reward, and Marlon Brando has earned more than 30 awards for his spectacular performances, and here is the list of his awards and achievements.
- He won the Academy Awards (Oscar) two times, one for best actor in On the Waterfront in 1954 and second for best actor in The Godfather in 1972. He was nominated for Oscar awards eight times.
- He won British Academy Awards three times, one for best actor in Viva Zapata in 1952, second for best actor in Julius Caesar in 1953, and one for best foreign actor in On the Waterfront in 1954. He was nominated for the British Awards eight times.
- He won Golden Globe Awards four times, one for best drama actor in On the Waterfront in 1954 and one for best drama actor in The Godfather in 1972. He won Henrietta Award (World Favourite Film-Male) two times.
He won many other awards, like National Awards, Minor Film Awards, Television Awards, and Critics Awards.
Here are some facts about Marlon Brando.
- Marlon Brando was born on 3rd April 1924, and he died on 1st July 2004 at 80.
- His height was 5 ft 8 inches.
- At the time of his death, his net worth was approximately $100 million. He was paid $3.7 million for 13 days of work on Superman, and it was a record of that time.
- He married three times and had eleven children.
- He worked for more than 60 years as an actor.
- His Nationality is American.
- He won the Oscar Awards two times.
- He is also known as Marlon Brando Jr.
- He is one of the actors who used Method Acting and the Stanislavski System of Acting.