Brenda Frese (Brenda Sue Frese) is a former American basketball player and head coach. She had served her life as a basketball head coach for more than 20 years. She was born to Bill and Donna Frese on 30 April 1970, in Cedar Rapids, Lowa, United States.
Brenda Frese was born on 30 April 1970, and now she is 51 years old. She belongs to Christianity, and her birth sign is Capricorn. Her height is 5 ft 10 inches, and her weight is around 62 kg. She has light brown hair and, her eye color is also brown.
Brenda Frese is the daughter of Bill and Donna Frese and has five siblings, Deb, Cindy, Marsha, Stacy, and Jeff. She first married Steven Oldfield in 1998, which divorced in 2002, and has no children from it.
She married the second time Mark Thomas in 2005 and has two children from it. Her children are Markus William and Tyler Joseph.
Early Life and Education
Brenda Frese completed her early education at Washington High School. In high school, she was played basketball for four years and played volleyball and softball. Frese was a basketball letter winner and all-state player from 1986 to 1988.
She graduated with a Bachelor of Art in Athletic Administration from the University of Arizona in 1993. She played three seasons for the varsity basketball team from 1989 to 1993.
Brenda Frese was injured while playing a match at the University of Arizona, and after this, she started work on becoming an assistant coach. She attended many basketball camps and worked very hard for her coaching career.
Frese finally started her career as an assistant coach at Kent State in 1994. She worked as a coach with Lowa State, Ball State, Minnesota, and was named AP National Coach in 2002.
Head Coach at Maryland
Brenda Frese finally became the head coach of the Maryland basketball team in 2002. Maryland won ten matches and earned fame under the coaching of Frese.
Brenda worked hard at Maryland, and they won 1st position at Atlantic Coast Conference in 2008. She and her team Maryland won 1st position at Big Ten Conference six times. It was a big success for Frese and her team Maryland.
Brenda Frese only works as a head coach at Maryland, and it is the only source of her income. She has signed a contract with Maryland that she will earn a salary of $1.5 million.
Brenda Frese has won more than ten awards in her coaching career, and here is the list of these awards.
- She has won MAC coach of the year in 2000.
- She has won Big Ten Coach of the year four times in 2002, 2015, 2019, 2021.
- She won Women’s National Coach of the year in 2002.
- She has won AP coach of the year two times in 2002 and 2021.
- She won Athletic National Coach of the year in 2021.
- She won ESPN’s national coach of the year in 2021.
Here are some facts about Brenda Frese.
- Brenda was born on 30 April 1970, and now she is 51 years old.
- She married Mark Thomas and has two children.
- Her birth sign is Capricorn, her height is 5 ft 10 inches, and her weight is around 62 kg.
- She worked for more than 20 years, and her salary is approximately $1.5 million.
- She belongs to Christianity, and her nationality is American.