Do you love playing baccarat? Are you a novice when it comes to playing baccarat? If you answered yes to both questions, then you should continue reading as I’ll be revealing 10 tips professional baccarat players apply every time. These tips will push you from your novice status to the status of a professional player.
Before you’ll be able to play like a professional and win every time, the basics are still important because without them you’ll be playing the game totally on luck and luck can only get you so far. Every game has rules, and baccarat does too. Learning how the game is been dealt will help you in making wise and calculated decisions during gameplay that’s why I’ll be teaching you how to deal baccarat as well.
If you prefer playing online casino games, then you can play baccarat online, without knowledge of the rules. You can also play the game without knowledge of the rules in land-based casinos as well as long as you are not playing the high roller version – the drawing rules differ slightly for high roller versions. But if you are not just playing for fun then learning the rules of the game and how the game is dealt will help in increasing your odds of winning each time you play the game.
How to deal baccarat?
The rules of baccarat are somewhat complicated but with a little bit of study, you’ll be able to get the hang of it. There are three types of baccarat namely: mini-baccarat, mini-baccarat, and big baccarat. Among the three different types of baccarat, the easiest to learn is the mini-baccarat. Before you’ll be able to deal midi-baccarat and big baccarat you’ll need to learn how to deal mini-baccarat that’s why in this blog post, I’ll be teaching you how to deal mini-baccarat.
A casino is a business and as such, owners of casinos are into it to make money as well as help you make money too. You can think of it as some sort of investment and because casinos are business or profit oriented, every game played in a casino has a built-in advantage known as the house edge which gives the casino some amount from your winnings per game. The house edge for every game is measured in percentages.
The house edge for the game of baccarat is:
- Bets on the banker’s hand have a house edge of 1.17%.
- Bets on the player’s hand have a house edge of 1.36%.
- Bets on a tie have a house edge of 14.12% at an 8:1 payoff.
The game of baccarat offers bettors three options they can place their bets on. As a bettor, you can either bet on the banker, player, or tie. The game aims to bet on the hand you think will end up with the highest total value.
When the game begins, the dealer deals 2 sets of 2 cards each. One set goes to the banker while the other goes to the player. Each set will be added up and the hand with the highest total wins. When adding the cards, the total number should never exceed a single digit. For example, you are dealt two cards, 5 and 7, the addition of both cards equal 12 but since double digits are invalid, the “tens” place value will be dropped which leaves a value of 2. Hence the total number is now 2. In the game, all 10 value cards are equal to 0 while the aces equal 1.
The third card rule
The game of baccarat begins after the dealer has dealt 2 sets of 2 cards to the player and banker. This means they are only allowed to have 2 cards but there are cases where a third card can be drawn. How can you tell when it’s the right time to draw the third card? To Know when every dealer is required to memorize a chart given to them by the casino.
The most common rules followed by dealers are:
- If the players first two cards equal a total number of 0 – 5, then the player has to draw a third card.
- If the player’s first two cards total 6 – 7 then the player has to stand.
- If the player’s first two cards total 8 – 9, then the player has a neutral hand and more cards cannot be drawn. You can only achieve a natural hand from your first two cards.
- If the banker’s first two cards total 0 – 2, then the banker has to draw a third card.
- If the banker’s first two cards equal 3, then the banker also has to draw a third card except the player’s third card is 8.
- If the banker’s first two cards equal 4, then the banker has to draw a third card except the player’s third card is 2 – 7.
- If the banker’s first two cards equal 5, then the banker can only draw a third card if the player’s third card is 4 – 7.
- If the banker’s first two cards equal a 6, then the banker can draw a third card if the player’s third card is a 6 – 7.
- If the banker’s first two cards total 7, then the banker must stand.
- If the banker’s first two cards total 8 – 9, then the banker has a natural hand and no more cards will be drawn. Just like the player’s hand, a natural can only occur on your first two cards.
- If the player stands on 6 – 7, then the banker will draw a third card if the first two cards totals 0 – 5 and the banker will always stand on a 6 – 9.
- If the player does not take a third card, then the banker always stands on a 6.
You may not understand why these rules are there and why they have to be so complicated but that’s how the game is played and you’ll have to come to terms with that. To be honest, if the game was entirely based on your first two cards that are dealt then it’d be no different from a hi-lo game.
10 tips professional players use to win every time
- The number one gambling rule is never to gamble with money you are not prepared to lose. Always gamble with money you can comfortably part ways with (excess money).
- Never carry your emotions to the gambling hall or when gambling online. When playing baccarat continuously remind yourself never to get carried away or too excited. Stay sober and try to refocus after every win. If you have a game plan follow it through and don’t fail to leave when it’s time to (always stick to your bankroll).
- Baccarat is a game of luck and strategies or tips only help in increasing your odds of winning. That’s why you should always factor in the element of luck when playing baccarat and devise strategies that take luck into account. Because regardless of your strategy if you are unlucky, you’ll end up losing all your money. If you are having a hard time winning maybe luck is not on your aside, walk away and try again another day.
- Online casinos do offer attractive bonuses as offerings, take advantage of them. You can use your deposit bonus to stack your bets and receive lots of cash risk-free. You can start doubling your winnings even before you start staking your money on the game.
- Always avoid the tie bet. Every professional baccarat knows that they should avoid this bet. The tie has an amazing 8:1 payout ratio if you win but the probability of that occurring is very slim.
- Don’t have any pre-planned strategy to follow? You don’t have to worry, betting on the banker’s hand makes a great strategy always. The banker’s hand wins slightly over 50% of the time that’s why it has a 5% commission attached to it so the players are given the edge.
- Practice and use betting strategies like the Martingale system, Paroli system, and Fibonacci strategy.
- Before playing any game, set your win and loss limits and stick to them. Never get too greedy as to go past them, why? Chances are, you might end up losing all your money.
- It’s never been a good idea to put all your eggs in one basket, that’s why safer to always avoid all-in bets. With all-in bets, you have no way to manage your bankroll and you can lose all your money in one go.
- If you get tired of betting on the banker’s hand, the next most attractive and rewarding bet is the player’s hand. If your streak on the banker’s hand fails, betting on the player’s hand makes a great bet as well.