Jack Nicholson (John Joseph Nicholson) is an American actor and filmmaker who worked for more than 50 years. He was born to June Frances Nicholson and Donald Furcillo on 22 April 1937, in New Jersey of the United States. He is well-known for his versatile and unconventional characters and is one of the most prominent actors of his generation.
Early Life and Education
Jack Nicholson completed his high education at Manasquan High School in New Jersey. He was well-known in his class for his clown character in 1954. He was got awards for theatre and drama in his honor.
After completing his education, he did an office job in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer cartoon studio as an animator. He performed on stage with Players Ring Theatre and got some roles on television. In 1958, he got a role in a low-budget film, The Cry Baby Killer, and it was his first movie.
He played several roles in B-films and some supporting roles in A-films. He also played some roles in television in the Andy Griffth Show.
Jack Nicholson married Sandra Knight in 1962, which no go too far, and divorced in 1968. He has five children, Ray Nicholson, Lorraine Nicholson, Jennifer Nicholson, Caleb James Goddard, and Honey Hollman.
Jack Nicholson worked for more than 50 years in his life, and he is one of the greatest actors of his generation. He played starring and supporting roles including, comic, romantic, anti-heroes, and villains in films and television.
Jack Nicholson started work as an actor in 1958 in his debut film The Cry Baby Killer and played several supporting roles in B-films. He did spectacular acting, and people loved his roles. Here is the list of some most famous movies of Jack Nicholson by which he got fame and reputation.
- Little Shop of Horrors (1960)
- The Shooting (1966)
- Easy Rider (1969)
- Five Easy Pieces (1970)
- Carnal Knowledge (1971)
- The Last Detail (1973)
- Chinatown (1974)
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975)
- The Passenger (1975)
- The Missouri Breaks (1976)
- The Shinning (1980)
- The Postman Always Ring Twice (1981)
- Reds (1981)
- Terms of Endearment (1983)
- Prizzi’s Honor (1985)
- Heartburn (1986)
- Broadcast News (1987)
- Ironweed (1987)
- The Witches of Eastwick (1987)
- Batman (1989)
- A Few Good Men (1992)
- Hoffa (1992)
- As Good As It Gets (1997)
- About Schmidt (2002)
- The Departed (2006)
Jack Nicholson started his work in television in 1956 before working in the movies. He worked in more than ten tv series are under which he performed very well.
- Musician’s son in NCB Matinee Theatre (1956)
- Martin in Mr. Lucky (1960)
- Bud in Barbara Stanwyck Show (1960)
- Tom Washburn in Tales of Wells Fargo (1961)
- John Stark in Sea Hunt (1961)
- Bob Dollin in Bronco (1961)
- Tony Morgan in Hawaiian Eye (1962)
- Jaime Angel in Dr. Kildare (1966)
- Marvin Jankins and Mr. Garland in The Andy Griffth Show (1966-1967)
- Tom Murdock in The Guns of Will Sonnett (1967)
- The narrator in Elephant’s Child (1986)
Awards and Achievements
One who works hard and by the heart gets a reward, and Jack Nicholson has earned more than 50 awards for his spectacular performances, and here is the list of these awards and achievements.
- He won the Academy Awards (Oscar) three times, one for best actor in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest in 1976, second for best-supporting actor in Terms of Endearment in 1984, and third for best actor in As Good As It Gets film in 1998. He was nominated for Oscar awards twelve times.
- He won British Academy Film Awards three times, two for best actor in a leading role in Chinatown in 1975 and One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest in 1977. One for best supporting actor in Reds in 1983.
- He won Golden Globe Awards six times, two for best drama actor in Chinatown in 1975 and for One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest in 1976, one for best-supporting actor in Terms of Endearment in 1984, one for best comic actor in Prizzi’s Honor in 1986. One for best musical actor in As Good As It Gets in 1998, and one for best drama actor in About Schmidt in 2003.
He won many other awards, such as the TV Awards, National Board Review Awards, Satellite Awards, and Film Critics Awards.
Here are some facts about Jack Nicholson.
- Jack Nicholson, also known as John Joseph Nicholson.
- He was born on 22 April 1937, and now he is 84 years old.
- He won the Oscar Awards three times.
- He married Sandra Knight.
- He worked for more than 50 years.
- He is also a director, producer, and screenwriter.
- His height is 5 ft 9 inches.
- His Net-worth is approximately $400 million.
- His Nationality is American.
- He was famous for his comic, anti-heroes, and villain characters.